Virtual Football Highlight Creation and Streaming
- Created match highlight sequences based on a match results message and a pool of hundreds of thousands of pre-rendered video clip variations.
- Combined video clips with dynamically composited match status overlays (score, replay) and transitions into a single video stream in real-time.
- Balanced processing load between the start-up phase and deferring into the live streaming in order to enable quick playback start without overloading the streaming server.
- Analysis, design, development, unit testing.
- Lead developer of media streaming component.
Technologies: Java, Eclipse, Windows, Linux, ffmpeg
- Zero issues raised by internal QA, system integration, customer acceptance and live customer running.
- Solution used as the foundation of additional team sport streaming solutions; tennis and basketball.
- Although designed for server installation the solution has also been successfully deployed in retail environments on Small Form Factor PCs.