Generated commentary combined with internally created visuals
- Enhanced race commentary system to reject phrase choices with number position changes, preventing incorrect reads without failing otherwise valid results.
- Compensated for increased phrase rejections by adding automatic retry of failed race sections with alternative phrases and rolling back to the previous good section.
- Added automatic retry of races that failed all section retries, using alternative phrase combinations.
- Ensured whole system remained deterministic despite the apparent random generation of the audio content.
Generated commentary combined with externally created visuals
- Replaced the previous outsourced commentary solution that had varied quality and required extensive QA.
- Algorithmically generated race commentary by combining race meta data of runner positions with pre-recorded audio clips of runner numbers, positions and phrases.
- Built the replacement from scratch in short timescales, resulting in commentary of reliably higher quality, increased flexibility, diagnostic reports and far less QA effort required.
- Implementation was applied to the data and content for generation of horse racing and greyhound racing commentary.