Virtual Horses – Hurdles Racing Simulation
- Extended the real-time horse racing in Unreal Engine with hurdles racing specific additions.
- Added artist positionable hurdles that the horses automatically jump with realistic variation.
- Added configurable walking start.
- Enhanced the development only drone camera for easier animator debugging.
- Assisted animator with fixing and optimising the horse animation blueprint.
- Analysis, design, development, testing.
- Lead developer of whole solution.
Technologies: C++, Unreal Engine, Visual Studio, Windows
- Maintined zero issues raised from all production runs, even for runner counts that require thousands of event combinations and tens of hours of real-time video capture.
- Continued to maintain the core “race engine” as an extensible system, keeping hurdles racing specific implementations to a minimum, allowing for future reuse.
- Entire system is completely deterministic yet apparently random. Rerun a given race with the same seed and it will play out identically every time. Supply a new seed and it will play out differently.